Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Runes: First Year: Week 2: Tuesday

Professor Babbling
Tuesday
Gryffindor Time: 1:00
Ravenclaw Time: 2:00
Hufflepuff Time: 9:00
Slytherin Time: 2:00
Now that you have learned how to write in runic, I think that it is time for you to learn to what certain runes mean. Please take out a quill and copy down this sign:
Man or Mannaz
The Self
Modesty, Thought, Alturism, Trust
If someone draws this rune, it means that they need to know their self more. They need to stop and reflect. Also, it may mean that they need to trust more and be more modest.

I think that we will just start with one today so that I can explain it.
First, the names. One name is the Elder Futhark Name and the other is a newer name. On this one, Man is the Elder Futhark Name and Mannaz is the newer name. It is handy to know both names.
Second, this is the rune summed up into one or two words.
Next, I expanded on the main meaning.
Last, this is what I think it would mean if I drew this rune for someone. You'll learn how to do that later. It would mean the same thing if you drew the rune for yourself, but then you would know exactly where it applied to.

I want you to memorize this rune, because I will be giving you at least one more next class. Homework is to memorize Mannaz. Class is dismissed.

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster