Thursday, December 4, 2008

Defense Against the Dark Arts: First Year: Week 4: Thursday

Professor Quirrell
Thursday
Gryffindor Time: 11:00
Ravenclaw Time: 1:00
Hufflepuff Time: 9:00
Slytherin Time: 1:00

Hello class. First, I would like to read aloud the letter I received from our werewolf corrospondent.

Dear First Year Hogwarts Students,
Thank you for your interest in werewolves and lycanthropy. I hope to answer some of your questions to promote greater understanding of werewolves. Your questions and my answers are listed below.
What is the most common question you are asked when people learn you are a werewolf? Probably the most common question I'm asked is not asked directly, but I can tell people wish to know 'Are you just suddenly going to turn and bite me?' or 'Am I putting myself in danger standing this close to you?' The answer is a very definite NO to both questions. I always try to stay in a place where I can do no harm during the full moon and at all other times, I am a normal human being. In one instance, a human with lycanthropy became very fond of being a werewolf, so he mutated to be constantly half wolf and half human. When he bit people during another part of the moon cycle, he did cause the victim to become more wolfish, but not a true werewolf.
Is transforming painful? Yes. Anytime that your body mutates, it is generally accompanied by great pain.
If I met a werewolf in the human state, would I be able to tell his condition? In most cases, no.
Are there female werewolves as well as male? Yes, both boys and girls, men and women can become werewolves if bitten.
Can animals become werewolves? No one is quite sure of this answer. There have been reports of wereanimals, but this may have been caused by a spell instead of a bite.
Thank you for your questions. I hope that I have provided satisfactory answers and I welcome more quesitons.
Yours truly,
A. Werewolf

Of course, his name isn't A. Werewolf but he wishes to remain anonymous. Now, if any of those questions were yours, please take out a quill and parchment and write a short bit about if that answered your question and if the answer was what you expected. If none of your questions were chosen, choose one of the questions to write about and tell if the answer was what you expected.

Time is up class. Please turn in your papers. Your homework is to write a thank you letter and get it to me before you leave for break. Have a wonderful safe winter break!

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster