Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Care of Magical Creatures: First Year: Week 3: Wednesday

Professor Kettleburn
Wednesday
Gryffindor Time: 11:00
Ravenclaw Time: 10:00
Hufflepuff Time: 10:00
Slytherin Time: 9:00

Today I want to explain to you the different sorts of diets of animals. Generally, you can sort animals into three catagories based on their diet: Herbavore, Carnivore, and Omnivore. A carnivore is an animal that eats only meat. An example of a carnivore is a griffin. A herbivore is an animal that eats only plants. An example of a herbivore is a unicorn. An omnivore is an animal that eats meat and plants. An example of an omnivore is a gnome because a gnome will eat both bugs and the roots of plants.

I want you to think back to October, when I had you make a chart that had you comparing the different traits of different creatures. Now, I want you to make that same chart, only comparing a herbavore, a carnivore, and a ominivore. You don't have to use my examples, you can find your own. I would recommend that you get out your copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them for this exersise. I think you have about forty-five minutes to complete this chart. I expect it done by the end of the class.

Forty-five minutes are up! I want all finished charts handed back in to me. If your chart isn't finished, then your homework is to finish it as well as write a report that defines the three catagories and give three examples of each. Class is dismissed.

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster