Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Astronomy: First Year: Week 1: Wednesday

Professor Sinistra
Wednesday
Gryffindor Time: Midnight
Ravenclaw Time: Midnight
Hufflepuff Time: Midnight
Slytherin Time: Midnight
Now, I will go easy on you all, since this is you first night and I know that you all must be very tired. I will just show you two constellations and then let you try to find them in the sky.
Let's try to find the two dippers, or ursa minor and ursa major. You can find a picture of them here.
Study that picture, then please follow me to the top of the tower.

Gaze upward and try to find the dippers. Once you have found them, take out your quill and parchment and draw their positions in the sky.

Has everyone draw the positions? Good. Please give me your star charts and go back to your dormitories for a good nights sleep. There will be no homework.

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster