Monday, September 1, 2008

Care of Magical Creatures: First Year: Week 1: Monday

Professor Kettleburn
Monday
Gryffindor Time: 2:00
Ravenclaw Time: 1:00
Hufflepuff Time: 1:00
Slytherin Time: 2:00
Welcome to my class, everyone. I thought that I would begin your education in magical creatures with a very interesting bird. Does anyone know what this bird is?




Very good, it is an augurey. As you can see, the augurey looks like a green-black underfed vulture. Generally, they are very shy and hard to find. Fortunately, this one was raised by a human, so he should be comfortable with you. His cry used to be thought to foretell death, but it only predicts rain. You probably won't hear his cry today, as it is a bit bright and sunny. You also will not get to see him fly. I am getting a bit worried about his lack of exersise, due to this drought. Auguries only fly in heavy rain.
He eats insects and fairies, which I will allow you to feed to him.
I will now let each of you come up and hold him, after you put your dragon hide gloves. His talons are very sharp, so be careful.

...now please return him to his perch. Thank you. Your Homework is to read the introduction to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them if you have a copy. If you don't please write a report on the augurey.

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster