Monday, January 5, 2009

Charms: First Year: Week 5: Monday

Professor Filius Flitwick
Monday
Gryffindor Time: 9:00
Ravenclaw Time: 9:00
Hufflepuff Time: 10:00
Slytherin Time: 11:00

Welcome back, class, welcome back. As we are now in the second half of the school year, things will have to progress a little quicker. This means that you will need to concentrate a bit harder to get spells mastered faster. First, altogether, I want you to demonstrate that you remember lumos and nox. Ready? Lumos. Good. Now hold that for a bit. Now Nox. Very good, very good!

For all the times I have had you practice the Levitation Charm, you have done it with feathers. So today I thought we would try to lift something a bit heavier. No, not ink bottles. Those would be a bit messy! I was thinking of these wooden balls. Here, catch. Now set it down, on the desk. Try to stop them from rolling! Everyone ready? Here we go. Wingardium leviosa! All right, everyone who has their ball in the air, keep it there. Those of you who don't, let's try again. Wingardium leviosa! Very good. I'll give you ten minutes to practice that, then we will add a bit more.

Is everyone ready to try the next step? I want everyone to please get out from behind the desks and come over set your wooden ball on my desk. Now point your wands at your balls - not at me, please!- and say the charm. Wingardium leviosa! With your ball levitated, I want you to try walking around, carrying it in the air. This is a good deal more difficult than it sounds!

The bell is about to ring, so please bring your balls up to me and stow your wands. I must press the importance of practicing walking and levitating! You simply must master it before moving on to the next spell. There is the bell. Class is dismissed.

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster