Thursday, December 4, 2008

Divination: First Year: Week 4: Thursday

Professor Sibyll Trelawny
Thursday
Gryffindor Time: 10:00
Ravenclaw Time: 2:00
Hufflepuff Time: 1:00
Slytherin Time: 2:00

We will, again, study the Art of Pyromancy. In the center of each table there is a bowl filled with fire. You will each find place at your right hand a bowl of herbs, namely betony, plantain, nettles, and thyme. These you will use to divine. I shall guide you in the conducting of the ritual. Would everyone please stand? Thank you. Now hold your bowl of herbs in your wand hand and hold your other hand up in front of your chest, palm forward. Good. When I say begin, everyone shall walk evenly around your table, staring at the back of the person in front of them. Walk until I say stop, then sit on the nearest chair. Ready? Begin.

Stop! Everyone sit down. Now we will stare into the flames for three minutes, pondering the future.

Three minutes are up. Now I would like everyone on the North side of the table to take a handful of their herbs and toss them into the flames. Good. Now everyone on the South... the East... and finally the West. For the next step, I would like everyone to sit back. I am going to extinguish the flames. There!

Carefully, for the bowls may still be hot, pass the bowl around for everyone at the table to study the herbs. I wish for you to write down your observations and what you see.

Class is over now. Please put everything away. I know you will have a wonderful holiday and I hope to see you next year. Good bye and good luck!

0 comments:

What is this blog?

This blog is for every student who wishes that they could have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here I post lessons that I have created and you can do. Please email all lesson answers and homework to homeschoolhogwarts@gmail.com so that I can
give you your grade.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster